Raid Raptors Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raid Raptors Academy

NEW RRA HERE

I forgot my password

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 290 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:27 am

Member Of The Week

+2
knar snowhenge
Drace
6 posters

Raid Raptor deck discussion

Drace
    Drace
    Admin

Badges : N/A.
    Raptor Points : 19383

Raid Raptor deck discussion Empty Raid Raptor deck discussion

Post by Drace Fri May 01, 2015 8:15 pm

Raid raptors are a dark attribute winged beast archetype consisting of low atk monsters that spam level 4s to amke an easy rank 4 spam deck but has its own rank up cards.

Main Deck Monsters
    RaidRaptor - Singing lanius
    Raid Raptor deck discussion Raidraptor_-_Singing_Lanius
    100 ATK 100 DEF
    If you control an Xyz Monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can only Special Summon "Raidraptor - Singing Lanius" once per turn this way.

This card is great since in a raid raptors deck you will have an xyz monster out 99% of the time and with all the searching you should have atleast two monsters in you hand at a time. This card will probably be used in any rank 4 xyz deck cause it is summoned so easily and is level 4 he's gonna be great .

RaidRaptor - Fuzzy Lanius
    Raid Raptor deck discussion RaidraptorFuzzyLanius-CORE-JP-R
    500 ATK 1500 DEF
    If you control a "Raidraptor" monster other than "Raidraptor - Fuzzy Lanius": You can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Raidraptor - Fuzzy Lanius" from your Deck to your hand. You cannot Special Summon monsters during the turn you activate any of this card's effects, except "Raidraptor" monsters. You can only use each effect of "Raidraptor - Fuzzy Lanius" once per turn.

I never saw the point of this card unless ur making a force strix hes kinda bad honestly cause all u can do is try to set up plays and cant actually do anything that turn u gotta wait for your opponent to get all their counters i guess he's decent for tKing space out of your deck but thats why you got so much draw power and searchers.

RaidRaptor - Mimicry Lanius
    Raid Raptor deck discussion RaidraptorMimicryLanius-CROS-JP-R
    1100 ATK 1900 DEF

Once per turn, during your Main Phase, if this card was Normal or Special Summoned this turn: You can increase the Levels of all "Raidraptor" monsters you currently control by 1. During your Main Phase, if this card was sent to the Graveyard this turn: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 "Raidraptor" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Raidraptor - Mimicry Lanius". You can only use this effect of "Raidraptor - Mimicry Lanius" once per turn.

Ok this card is just amazing as long as you can get him in grave he can search any of your rr monsters or spells that have raid raptor in the name you can use swallows icarus detach him as an xyz material or even if some1 makes u discard him with mind crush you can search that needed monster or that nest which you'll see why its so great you can search that with this card later on in the discussion.

RaidRaptor - Vanishing Lanius
    Raid Raptor deck discussion RaidraptorVanishingLanius-SECE-EN-C-1E
    1300 ATK 1600 DEF
    Once per turn, during your Main Phase, if this card was Normal or Special Summoned this turn: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Raidraptor" monster from your hand.

This card might be the most needed card for this deck it starts most of the combos considering it can soam its self or other cards what i like to do is summon it then search with force strix or nest to summon another copy of himself then you summon a 3rd rr monster and you got an instant 3 material xyz which can be planetary or king of heavy industry if you use mimicry or any random techs you add.

RaidRaptor - Impale Lanius
    Raid Raptor deck discussion RaidraptorImpaleLanius-CROS-JP-C
    1700 ATK 1000 DEF

Once per turn, during your Main Phase, if this card was Normal or Special Summoned this turn: You can target 1 face-up Attack Position monster on the field; change it to Defense Position. During your Main Phase 2, if this card attacked this turn: You can target 1 "Raidraptor" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. You can only use this effect of "Raidraptor - Sharp Lanius" once per turn.

Alright now impale can be a great topdeck card lets say you got no monsters oh damn :/ well you topdeck impale get over that beater by changing him to defense then you summon a monster from the grave such as tribute use his effect to put a mimicry in the grave which can search out whatever you want maybe a nest or a monster for next turn. Point is he is simply amazing i topdeck him and i cry everytime ty RR gods

RaidRaptor - Tribute Lanius
    Raid Raptor deck discussion RaidraptorTributeLanius-VJMP-JP-UR
    1800 ATK 400 DEF
    During your Main Phase, if this card was Normal or Special Summoned this turn: You can send 1 "Raidraptor" card from your Deck to the Graveyard. During your Main Phase 2, if this card destroyed an opponent's monster by battle this turn: You can add 1 "Rank-Up-Magic" Quick-Play Spell Card from your Deck to your hand, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except "Raidraptor" monsters. You can only use each effect of "Raidraptor - Tribute Lanius" once per turn.

So e people ask me should i add foolish burial? I always tell them why would you? You got your own non-limited burial tribute can send any rr card to the grave you want to set up for noden or impale? Great! You can even use him to get mimicry effect but i mainly like to use him to use readiness 2nd effect its great no more damage? Hell yea screw otks and burn damage. And he can search out my raptors force? Ofc i want to get a bkaze of revolution falcon Very Happy

Extra Deck Monsters

RaidRaptor - Force strix
    Raid Raptor deck discussion RaidraptorForceStrix-VP14-JP-ScR
    100 ATK 2000 DEF
    2 Level 4 monsters
    This card gains 500 ATK and DEF for each other Winged Beast-Type monster you control. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; add 1 Level 4 DARK Winged Beast-Type monster from your Deck to your hand.

Easily summoned cause all your monsters are level 4 and can search all your rr monsters? Omg i love it already but not only that i read you can even bring him back to your extra deck with nest so you can just keep summoning him also its fun as hell watching ppl complain about getting otkd cause of his +2000 atk boost.

RaidRaptor - Blaze Falcon
    Raid Raptor deck discussion RaidraptorBlazeFalcon-CROS-JP-R
    1000 ATK 2000 DEF
    3 Level 5 Winged Beast-Type monsters
    While this card has Xyz Material, it can attack your opponent directly. When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy it. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; destroy as many Special Summoned monsters your opponent controls as possible, and if you do, inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each monster destroyed by this effect.

Imo this card is more trolly then it is good. Oh you spelcial summoned 3 monsters? *activates effect* now you got no monsters and take 1500 damage Very Happy its first effect isnt that great cause idk why u would atk with this card it will be ran over on ur next turn unless you got a back-up plan which idk why u would waste it on this card unless your planning on using raptors force for revolution falcon.

RaidRaptor - Revolution Falcon
    Raid Raptor deck discussion RaidraptorRevolutionFalcon-CROS-JP-SR
    3 Level 6 Winged Beast-Type monsters
    You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this turn, this card can attack all monsters your opponent controls, once each. At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles a face-up Special Summoned monster: That monster's ATK and DEF become 0. If this card has a "Raidraptor" Xyz Monster as an Xyz Material, it gains this effect.
    ● Once per turn: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy it, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the ATK the destroyed monster had on the field.

So ive never used this card but hes insanely easy to get out with raptors force and you can destroy a monster to deal burn then rekt all your opponents monsters i think it has a pretty good effect would be nice if he had a bit more atk tho but eh whatever he can still beat those special summon spamming decks easily with this guy.
    Spell Cards

RaidRaptor - Nest
    Raid Raptor deck discussion RaidraptorNest-SECE-EN-R-1E
    If you control 2 or more "Raidraptor" monsters: You can add 1 "Raidraptor" monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Raidraptor - Nest" once per turn.

This card right here is what gives rrs such a great hand advantage always being able to recycle or search is great and it is searchable by mimicry i couldnt ask for a better card.

Rank-Up-Magic Revolution Force
    Raid Raptor deck discussion RankUpMagicRevolutionForce-CROS-JP-R

Apply this effect, depending on whose turn it is.
    ● Your turn: Target 1 "Raidraptor" Xyz Monster you control; Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 "Raidraptor" monster that is 1 Rank higher than that target, by using that target as the Xyz Material. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon. Xyz Materials attached to it also become Xyz Materials on the Summoned monster.)
    ● Your opponent's turn: Target 1 face-up Xyz Monster your opponent controls that has no Xyz Materials; take control of that face-up Xyz Monster your opponent controls, then Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 "Raidraptor" monster that is 1 Rank higher than that monster you control, by using it as the Xyz Material. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon. Xyz Materials attached to it also become Xyz Materials on the Summoned monster.)

This card is ok i guess didnt waste my time using it cause i was waiting for raptors force and what if your opponent is using a deck that diesnt xyz or uses ranks that are to low or to high for you to use your its 2nd effect? Then its just a bad rank up card :/

Rank-Up-Magic Raptor's Force
    Raid Raptor deck discussion RankUpMagicRaptorsForce-CORE-JP-R
    If a "Raidraptor" Xyz Monster(s) under your control was destroyed and sent to the Graveyard this turn: Target 1 "Raidraptor" Xyz Monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target, then Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 "Raidraptor" Xyz Monster that is 1 Rank higher than that target, using it as the Xyz Material. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon.)

I fucking loving how this card is worded last i check lets say your force strix is destroyed but you got a blaze falcon in the grave you can target the blaze falcon to summon a revolution falcon that would be amazing or if your blaze is destroyed but revolution or force is useless at the moment if you run 2 blaze falcons you can just target a force strix and summon another whats not to like about this card?

Trap Cards

RaidRaptor - Readiness
    Raid Raptor deck discussion RaidraptorReadiness-SECE-EN-C-1E

This turn, "Raidraptor" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle. If you have a "Raidraptor" monster in your Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; you take no damage this turn.

Ok this card is great as stated before screw otks and burn decks this card not only protects your raidraptors but it stops all damage i hardly use the first effect i usually use tribute early on to toss it into the grave for later on when im struggling.

RaidRaptor - Return
    Raid Raptor deck discussion RaidraptorReturn-CORE-JP-C
    If a "Raidraptor" monster you control is destroyed by battle: Target 1 "Raidraptor" monster in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand. If a "Raidraptor" monster(s) you control is destroyed by a card effect: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 "Raidraptor" card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Raidraptor - Return" once per turn.

So ive never used this card so idk much about it or wether it is good or bad but it seems pretty decent when your rr monster gets destroyed by battle you can add back to ur hand then when raigeki comes along you can add a new copy from your deck so it helps you keep a hand advantage like nest.

Raptor's Gust
    Raid Raptor deck discussion RaptorsGust-CORE-JP-C
    When a Spell/Trap Card is activated while you control a "Raidraptor" card: Negate that activation, and if you do, destroy it.

Since you should always have a rr monster on the field this card is godly oh you want to use mirror force? Screw off oh you wanna use that raigeki? No oh you want to use upstart goblin? Troll time xD but yea point is it helps so much with this mst and icarus this deck has so much backrow hate to bad its not a backrow heavy format :/

And that concludes my deck discussion for raidraptors if you got any comments i appreciate them or if i messed up on anything plz let me know i might be making a blackwing deck discussion as well

Last edited by Kace Kessler on Sat May 02, 2015 10:13 am; edited 4 times in total
    knar snowhenge
    knar snowhenge

Raptor Points : 16451

Raid Raptor deck discussion Empty Re: Raid Raptor deck discussion

Post by knar snowhenge Fri May 01, 2015 8:20 pm

u need to combine sneak combo cards like cards that can get more power houses out there with raidraptors
    Ptolemy
    Ptolemy

Raptor Points : 16889

Post by Ptolemy Sat May 02, 2015 1:28 am

Fuzzy Lanius is really good Kace although that's probably just my opinion.It's a kagetokage with a better ability and search , For those times when all you have is a Tribute or Mimicry Lanius in your hand but don't have vanishing in your hand to summon them.It's main use is in the first few turns though Pretty much useless in the mid-late game
    SQUIBBOO
    SQUIBBOO

Badges : Raid Raptor deck discussion Csr-trophy-icon Test Badge
    Raptor Points : 20074

Post by SQUIBBOO Sat May 02, 2015 1:48 am

You missed Rise and Revolution Falcons

wait a second...Rise Falcon? Is that even a card?
    phoenix Of rebellion
    phoenix Of rebellion

Raptor Points : 17383

Post by phoenix Of rebellion Sat May 02, 2015 2:03 am

i thought i was doing the deck discussions Sad .
    TheRaidRaptorKing
    TheRaidRaptorKing

Raptor Points : 16336

Post by TheRaidRaptorKing Sat May 02, 2015 4:32 am

xD Rise Falcon is a card and phoenix REJECTED!!!
    Drace
    Drace
    Admin

Raptor Points : 19383

Post by Drace Sat May 02, 2015 8:16 am

It was like 1 am so ofc I forgot blaze I've never used him and not wasting my time with rise falcon... and phoenix I already told u im making an rr deck discussion xD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:05 pm